Stephanie Hamilton
Stephanie Hamilton

Unfortunately it is not 1st or 2nd degree murder as it must be premeditated. He has been charged with 3rd degree murder and manslaughter, 12 1/2 years and 4 years. If he serves his time in a regular jail, as a former police officer, and for his crime, he most likely won’t make it out. It’s hard to believe that none of the other officers stepped in to assist Floyd. These officer at the very least should be fired and disbarred from working in any type of police position anywhere. I don’t know what type of charges can be brought… Read more »

Gerri
Gerri

While I don’t agree with the disgracefull behavior of the citizens I am appalled at the complete disregard and disrespect for life these police officers displayed. No reason or excuse these police officers could have for their disgusting display of abuse . May God have mercy on their soles.

Michael Antanavica
Michael Antanavica

These officers were out of line any one of those officers on scene ahold have said he’s subdued let him up all on scene should be prosecuted

Phyllis loquasto
Phyllis loquasto

Definitely murder and all of them should be charged. They all stood there and watched as the poor guy pleaded for life because he couldn’t breathe. I think it Was racially motivated and I white. Probably the ones watching didn’t do anything because they were afraid of losing their jobs the guy holding him down was most likely the big wig of the pack or at least he thought he was. I had a personal experience with the police 👮 when I was 75 years old and they held me down at gunpoint on the bathroom floor, shot my dog… Read more »

Cheryl Gehrke
Cheryl Gehrke

I don’t think it was racially motivated. I think it was democrat motivated to get rid of Donald Trump. Everyone in the government in Minneapolis and Minnesota is a democrat including Ilhan Omar. Anybody with the least bit of sense would have stopped the actions of this police officer and the Minnesota authorities should have arrested him immediately and charged him. It took them two days to even charge him. The dems could not get rid of Trump on Russian collusion, they couldn’t get rid of him for allegedly lying, they have tried time and again all of his 3… Read more »

obama hater
obama hater

poor guy nothing he was a thug and deserved it, don’t do the crime if you cant do the time

rebecca lenore guertler

yes it is a murder those cop should go to prison for the rest of their life.

Robert Messmer
Robert Messmer

The video clearly shows Floyd resisting arrest. Should not have resulted in his death but as an ex-con he should have known better than to try to fight the cops, especially since he was outnumbered. Excessive force–after he was cuffed and down, yes; murder – no, at least not first degree. Perhaps manslaughter would be the appropriate charge..

Michael Modzelewski
Michael Modzelewski

The cop who knelt on George Floyd’s neck should be charged with murder and put in jail.

Linda Ricci
Linda Ricci

He should lose his life also

Barry vann
Barry vann

If he wouldn’t have resisted arrest, he wouldn’t be dead. We are a nation of laws. If you can’t abide by them, I suggest that you find yourself a communist country to go live in.

Mark
Mark

What do I think: Excessive force was used against an individual, simple. The other three are just as culpable in this travesty of justice. Anyone of the three could have stopped the cop from using so much force on his neck but they chose not to. That man was already subdued and no longer a threat especially being cuffed as he was. They said he was being claustrophobic? Four men could have lifted him into the back of a police vehicle with no problem. That is my response., no matter what led up to it.

kirk kirchenwitz
kirk kirchenwitz

repeat offender problem solved

Jim Watson
Jim Watson

When you pass bad checks you are a criminal. If you do not want the cops to throw you on the ground and hold you there. Do not resist arrest no you already committed a crime so do exactly what they tell you.

Bill
Bill

Any police officers in Minneapolis should probably rethink their careers or move, this mayor will throw you to the wolves no matter. While I think excessive force was used in this case I wasn’t there, and I wouldn’t make a judgement until I had all the facts. I would advise residents not to pull a stunt like they did last night because I would send police out with real bullets, and orders to arrest anyone committing robbery, vandalism, arson, or any other violent crime.

Suanna Crew
Suanna Crew

The police officer kept his knee on George Floyd’s neck. Why, when it’s clearly obvious the suspect wasn’t resisting, didn’t he cuff him and put him in the squad car? I saw no need for the officer to keep his knee on the suspect’s neck, causing a lack of oxygen and death.

Dave Ledford
Dave Ledford

Im not sure if i think the cop intended on killing the man. Common sense-to many witnesses. But,doesnt excuse him for the abuse. People also have cops on edge,too. So, its a double edge sword. There is know doubt a punishment is needed ,over power,abuse,manslaughter. At the same time. People that destroy others lively hood and beat up others.That had nothing to do with this. They are know better. Acting like animals.And proving criminal mentality. Doesnt help the situation.

James2U
James2U

Such a tragic death! Again and again and now again. Far to many of U.S. are abused by the police who evidently BELIVE they have license to do so without regard to the LAW! Police are NOT above and beyond the law. They are NOT the law, they are just there to enforce it LEGALLY. I can NOT, for the life of me, understand how or why 3 other police just stood by there and were complicit it this murder by NOT aiding the victim, nor can I understand how all those witnesses just stood by and let this happen… Read more »

James2U
James2U
Reply to  James2U

Just so IT IS CLEAR, I am a REPUBLICAN and a STRONG SUPPORTER of PRESIDENT TRUMP. Understand ALL OF YOU! This is NO TIME for politics and I meant none other than to point out both sides of this GREAT AMERICAN political TRAGEDY are both effected by this national disgrace. This SHIT BELONGS TO U.S. ALL…..

Marilyn k Combs

The Police Officer should have used better judgment!! No excuses it was murder and fellow officers stood by and watched!!
That does not make it right for all the destruction that is going on!!!!

Joanna
Joanna

One must wait for the facts to be heard or seen! Facts speak volume’s

Nancy
Nancy

Where is the part that shows him resisting ? How did he get on the ground? Why isn’t that in the video?

HAROLD
HAROLD

THEY USE FORCE THAT THEY SHOULD NOT HAVE DONE ON THE NECK AND CUT OFF HIS OXYGEN WHICH CAN KILL.

I AM A VET AND I KNOW THAT IS WHAT HAPPEN AS I SERVED TWO YEARS IN VIET NAM