Noneya
Noneya
1 day ago

Words can’t explain how ludicrous this idea is coming from decadent career politicians whom have been embezzling American tax dollars for decades! You serve the people and are public servants to us not the other way around. You do as your expected by the will of the American people and represent your districts will, not special interests as has gone on for far too long. In these dire times of government doing absolutely nothing except shut down businesses, put people out of jobs and in the streets, keep children out of school and set their educations backwards! Now you want… Read more »

Carlos L Martinez
Carlos L Martinez
2 days ago

I’ve a great deal of empathy for the people that suffered the horrors of having to live as a slave, but I do not believe you honor their lives by using them to extort the American people! You MS Jackson were not born a slave, nor were any other people of color living today! And I believe there are no living slave owner’s to pay you what you believe your entitled to! I’ve picked cotton here in Texas as a child, have you? I’m a person of color brown do I get reparations to? Who’s going to pay me? And… Read more »

Teddy Kyer
4 days ago

I too am appalled by racism and my heart goes out too every slave and their famimies.No reparations should not be paid because thats before my time.No one in my familys history show anywhere that slaves we bought and used by any member for unworthy deeds.So “NO” on reparations..

Paul
Paul
4 days ago

I remember when the Japanese people who were interned in the 40’s were awarded reparations. Not all Japanese people living in the United States go the reparations as all had not been interned. Also only the ones that could personally apply for their reparations in person would be eligible. Likewise I agree the black slaves should receive reparations. Only the ones that had been slaves in this country can apply in person and receive the reparations.

B.Brown Jr.
B.Brown Jr.
4 days ago

Screw you Lee I didn’t bring your black fat ass over you want something,get up off your black ass and work.Kiss my white ass bitch.

Charles Neet
Charles Neet
4 days ago

1st their coming for the 1st, then their after the 2nd now they want reparations the whole lot of them have certainly become embolden, well be careful what you sow you may not get what you wish for ,but instead the wrath of the frustrated.

Geraldine L. Gambrell
Geraldine L. Gambrell
4 days ago

I have never been a raciest and I’ve never had a slave. I don’t know of any slaves and I don’t feel like I owe anyone any money. If anyone in congress feels like they owe money fpr past slavery, they can go ahead and pay, BUT NOT WITH MY tax money.

WandaJo
WandaJo
5 days ago

I was never racist, my family was not racist. Neither my family or myself have had slaves. I do not owe any reparation money for those who are responsible for anything associated with this.

Molly
Molly
5 days ago

Considering their own people sold them, my ancestors came here in the 1800, and did not have slaves nor did I, nor do I agree with slavery, why would I be responsible for paying money to many generation later, that most have become people that I know make more money than me. Sorry I feel this is way out of line and should be shut down. If the democratic’s want to pay them let them pull out their check books or black cards and pay them,. It was probably there ancestors whom had slaves.

Joyce
Joyce
5 days ago

Our indigent American Indians deserve it more than black Americans whose ancestors were slaves. How rediculous can people get? Anything to keep racism alive. Let it go and let’s forget about color and focus more on job training and work for a living instead of demanding handouts all the time

DONALD
4 days ago
Reply to  Joyce

You are a Stupid ass bitch if you want to give them money then you can give them some of the millions you have made from the tax payers. IN the first place if any one should get that it should be the AMERICAN INDIANS THAT WERE DRIVEN FROM THERE LAND. THAT WAS MORE RESENT THEN SLAVERY THAT STOPPED OVER 150 YEARS AGO NOT ONE OF THEM IS ALIVE TODAY YES IT WAS WRONG SINCE THEN THE BLACKS HAVE HAD THE SAME OPPORTUNITY AS I HAVE A LOT HAVE HAD IT BETTER as I grew up very poor we had… Read more »

Bob
Bob
5 days ago

The past is over. That was the way of life back then. The black man has come a long way in the past 80 years. There isn’t a slave living today. I think it’s time to drop. Why should we pay for our fore fathers sins? I think there may have sins on both sides.

Bob
Bob

I don’t think so

Joe Swope
Joe Swope
5 days ago

If you were a slave then you deserve reparations you don’t deserve reparations for what your grandmother great-grandmother a great great grandmother went through. You’re not a slave, you were never a slave, o Only slaves deserve reparation for what they were forced to live through.Not their descendants !and at what generation does reparations stop ?? if I give you reparations does it mean that your children don’t get reparations ? Does that mean that every black child man and woman gets reparations indefinitely until the end of time? I know for a fact that my family never owned slaves,… Read more »

Joe Swope
Joe Swope
5 days ago

Where does it stop where does it stop

Alan Egusa
Alan Egusa
5 days ago

Be thankful for being born as a citizen of the US, the land of unappreciated prosperity. Any black person who does’t like it here should get a one-way ticket to Africa-paid for with welfare money. And, you can NEVER return!

MargiTa
MargiTa
5 days ago

Educate yourself on slavery, and than you are going to realize and unstuck yourself. But, stop to be martyrs, it does not becoming for you to cry about injustice against the whole world, for being slaves! Although even after you are privileged, freed, welfare recipients, lazy, wanting everything served you on the silver plates or golden spoons, your criminals being ignored and spoiled rattan . You deserve for your upkeep , to work for, just like all the rest of us. No, nothing to give you, or payback .

Donald
Donald

I REFUSE TO PAY

Jay
Jay
5 days ago

Will this make them more American? Some people say pay them but they will have to sign a release to never ask for anything else. Be an American and work for your lively hood. Be part of the community and be helpful. Keep your neighborhood clean and drug free. Stay with your mate and raise your kids right.

chekwriter
chekwriter
5 days ago

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Completely RIDICULOUS. Get over it. We , the people, in this present future time frame are NOT responsible for every little child’s inability to take care of themselves! Not every single so called “White Person’s ancestor” owned slaves. We, collectively are NOT responsible for the actions of our ANCESTORS. That means every single person on the earth is NOT REPONSIBLE FOR THEIR ANCESTOR’s behavior. GROW UP. Grow a pair. Be responsible for yourself. Get off your duff and get a J O B. Go to SCHOOL, Get an education. at night school if you have to. Or EDUCATE… Read more »

Kenny J Leopold
Kenny J Leopold
5 days ago

My ancestors came over to America to start a new life. They did not have slaves.5he black people who were sold as slaves were sold by there very own people. So* go back to where you came from and shove it!

133
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
x